Friday 30 March 2012

Lipsy VIP: dress to impress with these dresses modelled by Millie Mackintosh

Source

The Easter break for me isn't about chocolate egss, bunnies and a time to sit down with the bible. Instead, it is all about the big wardrobe switch over. 

As I grew up a certain ritual began between my mum and I. As the sun would suddenly outweigh the rain I would itch to start wearing my summer wardrobe, begging my mum that now was the time to hit the shops and buy our new summer wardrobes. But every year I would receive the same response.  "Wait till Easter poppet, that is when it'll time for summer clothes." Well, for a few years, since moving off to university and becoming an 'independent woman' I haven't been listening to my mum. My summer wardrobe is already taking shape, with flutterings of pastels and shots of bright neons. 

However, there has been one thing that I've saved for my Easter break back home. I need dresses. Lots of dresses. To my delight I have five formal occasions, including my 21st birthday where I need to look fabulous, and all the events need an amazing dress. I have already started the search, trying not to go for the obvious options like Topshop or Zara, as isn't every girls nightmare seeing someone else in the same dress as you?

So when I heard that Lipsy had launched a VIP range on the 27th March I could not have been more excited. The collection features 17 designs, all of which have been modelled by everyone's favourite posh girl, Millie Mackintosh of Made in Chelsea fame. 

All the dresses are reminiscent of couture but at a good price. You are looking at about £100 a pop, but I think these garments ooze a greater expense. Here are my favourite five: 

Source

Source

Source


Source

Source


I absolutely love the dress above. I  need it in my life! What does everyone think of the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...